Brussel Sprouts with Crispy Garlic and Apricots
By October 23, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
Brussels sprouts are rich in protein, potassium and folate, as well as vitamins A and C. They also contain antioxidants, which can help protect your cells, and omega-3s -- an essential component in controlling inflammation. Brussels sprouts are high in fiber. Here they are cooked with Turkish Apricots to satisfy sweet cravings in a healthy way!
- 1 lb Brussel Sprouts trimmed
- 3 cloves Garlic peeled and rough chopped
- 6 Turkish Apricots small diced
- 3 tablsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Boil or steam Brussel Sprouts until tender. Do not overcook they lose they nutritional value!
- While they are cooking dice the garlic and Turkish apricots
Heat the Olive Oil in a saucepan, Add the garlic, so it sizzles in the pan to get crispy bit be careful not to burn (if it burns it will taste bitter). Add the Apricots and stir.
- Drain the Brussel Sprouts and tossed together with the garlic and apricots.
Season to taste.
I finished the dish by sprinkling with gluten free crumbs.